Another quick and easy meal coming at you today. And guess what? No stove or oven needed. Yesss! Clearly we are winning at life. I made this meal in about 15 minutes flat, which is extraordinary. Vegetarian Taco Salad…chop, mix, and serve—it’s really that simple.
I know that taco salad it traditionally mixed together from the start, but I like to keep things separate. You know, keep all the goodies in one bowl and the chips in another…and then mix everything together + add the toppings when ready to serve. Call me crazy.
I told you I can be picky sometimes. Kind of like a kid. Ha!
My Vegetarian Taco Salad includes black beans, diced bell pepper, diced roma tomatoes, corn, and some taco style cheese (heyyy!). Real simple here, friends. Then to top it off, some amazingly creamy avocado, along with some salsa and sour cream…if that’s your thing. It’s not really for me, but the hubster goes for it all. Just promise you won’t skip the avocado no matter what? The creaminess is unreal.
Oh, and the chips! Let’s not forget those. We used THE most incredibly delicious Spicy Salsa Tortilla Chips from Aldi. Yep, you read right—spicy.salsa. I’m not sure I’ve ever tasted better chips! Super duper flavorful. Sure, you can use regular tortilla chips, but if you can find salsa chips…DO IT.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans (3 cups)—drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper—diced
- 4 roma tomatoes—diced small
- 2 cups frozen corn—thawed
- 1 cup taco style shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Spicy salsa chips (found ours at Aldi)
- Toppings: diced avocado, salsa, sour cream
- To a large bowl, add the black beans, diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, corn, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- To serve, crush a handful or two of chips into each serving bowl. Spoon some of the black bean mixture into each bowl and top with diced avocado, salsa, and sour cream (if using). Mix to combine.