Hi you guys!! I had such a long and busy week, so I’m super happy it’s the weekend. Hope yours is off to a great start!
Earlier this week, Ashley from The Recipe Rebel contacted me to say she nominated me for the Liebster Award. What’s a Liebster Award you ask? It’s a way for bloggers to get to know one another and for readers to learn a little more about the bloggers they follow. Love this idea.
So, it’s my turn to reveal 11 random things about me that you don’t already know. I’ve already told you 63 random things about me back in December, so I’m going to have to rack my brain on this one. After listing my new random facts, I’ll answer the 11 questions Ashley posted on her Liebster Award post.
Then I happily get to select 11 other food bloggers for them to reveal 11 random facts about themselves + answer my 11 questions. Oh, and for them to nominate 11 more bloggers. Such a great way to learn about the bloggers you may already follow, or learn about new blogs. So fun!
Okay. Let’s roll!
11 random facts about me:
- I am debt free. My boyfriend and I paid off my student loans in July 2013. As a couple, we have about 8 months until WE’RE debt free. Heyyyyy!
- I use my clothes for a pop of color in my blog photos.
- I’ve worn the same tennis shoes everyday for over 2 years. Is that gross?! I think it might be…
- I’ve bought clothes once in the last 3+ years. One word: Budget.
- I actually hate shopping for clothes.
- I’m 5 feet tall (yep, that’s it!).
- My cell phone costs $35/month for unlimited talk, text, and data. That’s right—we’re deal seekers.
- I go to bed at 9pm or 10pm every night.
- I rarely wake-up past 6am (weekends included!)
- I am a planner to the core.
- I’m a simple girl.
My responses to Ashley’s questions:
- What is your favorite post from your blog? Can I pick my favorite recipe?! Definitely my Decadent Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. Out of this world!
- What is one of your guilty pleasures? Frozen Kit-Kat bars.
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Sicily, Italy. The food. Oh my gosh! Margherita pizza and fried panelle sandwiches on the beach in Cinisi. Fries with Salsa Rosa in the small mountain town of Borgetto. The beaches in Cinisi, Cefalu, and San Vito lo Capo. Gorgeous crystal clear blue skies. Fresh spring water. I literally roamed among cows to fill water bottles straight from a mountain spring. A dream, I tell you. I can’t wait to return, as it’s been 13 years!!
- Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semisweet or white? A year ago I would’ve said milk chocolate, but now I’ve made the switch to dark chocolate. Oh, it’s pine!
- What is one of your favorite blogs to follow? Several for sure, but if I had to choose just one, it’d be Pinch of Yum.
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? I was a very picky eater growing up. My palate has certainly expanded, but I wouldn’t say I’ve eaten anything weird. I’ve tried octopus once…does that count?!
- If you aren’t a full-time blogger, what is your “day job”? I am a Program Manager for Support Services at a homeless shelter.
- What is a favorite recipe from your childhood or cultural background? Mostaccioli. I used to beg my parents to make it with wagon wheel pasta. Yep, I was that particular.
- What is the best movie of all time? Oooh, tough one. The Notebook or Titanic. I know. I’m such a girl.
- What is one of your hobbies aside from food, photography, and blogging? Reading (obviously). Although, I’ve really been slacking.
- What is one lesson you’ve learned since starting your blog? Blogging takes time! Annnd, I’m not a techie.
I nominate the following bloggers:
- Amanda – Alivia Jane
- Kelly – Left Side of the Table
- Taylor – Food, Faith, Fitness
- Alyssa – My Sequined Life
- Anita – Kitchen Getaway
- Tara – Smells Like Home
- Consuelo – Honey & Figs
- Shaina – Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chelsea – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Maxine – Gloriously Delicious
- Danielle – Live Well Bake Often
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- When did you start your blog?
- Did you (or would you) have a small/big wedding or elope?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Coffee, espresso drink, or tea?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Do you live in the city, suburbs, or country?
- If you could eat only 1 food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What kind of camera do you use for your blog pictures?
- What’s your favorite season?
Another huge thank you to Ashley for nominating me!